- Any individual who directly advises a residence life organization and has made outstanding contributions to the organization(s). The individual may be the main advisor or the graduate advisor. Examples include, but are not limited to: RHA Advisor, NRHH Advisor, Area Council Advisor, Hall Council Advisor, Resident Assistant Advisory Board, Etc…
Executive Board Member
- This category recognizes the outstanding contributions of an Executive Board member of a member school’s residence life organization and the work of the board member within the Executive Board and across residence halls on their campus. Examples include, but are not limited to: Executive Board Members or Chair Positions in RHA, NRHH, Etc…
First Year Student
- This category includes student first year students (freshman, transfer student, non-traditional, etc) who excels in adapting to a new environment within their residence hall, takes an active role in their community, and positively impacts those around them. The nominee must be in their first year at their current institution. Submissions in this category may emphasize academics, leadership, involvement, and contributions to community, floor, hall, residence life organizations, etc. Individuals that would be eligible for nomination in any other category are ineligible for nomination in the First Year Student category.
- This category includes individuals outside of residence life who aid students in their academics and/or personal affairs. This category is intended to recognize institutional faculty who have made a contribution to the residence life community both in and out of the classroom. Examples include, but are not limited to: Professors, Instructors, Teaching Assistants, Counselors, Other Academic Affairs Staff, Custodial/Maintenance Staff/ Public Safety Officers, Dining Service Staff, Health Services, Etc…
- Any organization that has actively contributed to the student leadership, recognition, or other aspects of residence life during the month of nomination. Emphasis should be placed on the successes of the organization as a whole, not just a few members and should detail how they have helped the campus in general and the residence life community. Examples include, but are not limited to: Hall Councils, Executive Boards, Advisory Councils, Community Activities Board, Leadership Involvement Team, NRHH Chapters, etc… and Organizations Outside of Residential Life that positively impact resident students.
Residence Life Professional Staff
- This category includes individuals who aid residents within the housing campus community. This category is intended to recognize the Residence Life Faculty/Staff who are not eligible for the Resident Assistant category and who have made contributions to the residence life community in the month of nomination. Examples include, but are not limited to: Hall Directors, Graduate Assistants in Residence Life, Directors of Residential Life, Area Coordinators, Residential Life Office Secretaries, Etc…
- Any individual within a residence hall student staff who has worked with/impacted residents on their floor or in their hall. Nominees should have gone above and beyond the duties as outlined in their job description to support residents in the communities in which they work as well as residence life organizations, and/or made outstanding contributions to the hall in which they work during the month of nomination. The OTM should focus on the nominee’s accomplishments within the RA role, but may also include other roles or responsibilities taken on during the month of nomination. Examples include, but are not limited to: Resident Assistant, Community Assistants, Senior Resident Assistants or any other positions equivalent to the RA position.
- This category includes any residential community, such as wings, halls, floor, complexes, etc. This award should emphasize what this community has done and how it has supported others (both within and outside their community). The community being recognized must not be an official campus organization. The submissions should illustrate what brings a group of individuals together and how they worked as a group to accomplish their goals during the month of nomination. Communities that would be eligible for nomination in any other category are ineligible for nomination in the Community category.
- This category includes anything that does not fall under any of the other categories that you feel is worthy of Of the Month recognition. Individuals or groups that would be eligible for nomination in any other category are ineligible for nomination in the Spotlight category.
- This category includes any individual enrolled as a student at the institution who has made outstanding contributions to the residence halls during the month of nomination. Nominees could include, but are not limited to students who have made a contribution to their floor, hall, residence life organization, etc. through leadership, motivation, programming, volunteering and/or being a role model for other residents during the month of nomination. This OTM may address several areas of student life, such as academics, leadership, involvement etc… Also of importance is how the nominee has balanced their roles as a leader and a student and the display of good academic choices. Advisors, executive board members, first year students and anyone that can be classified as being in the resident assistant category are not eligible for an award in this category.
Student Staff Member
- Any individual within a residence hall student staff position that has worked to create a positive experience for the residential community. This category is intended to recognize student staff members while these students are not working in the capacity of a Resident Assistant or Executive Board Member position and who have made outstanding contributions to the residence life community in the month of nomination. Nominees should have gone above and beyond the duties as outlined in their job description, and the OTM should focus on the nominee’s accomplishments within the student staff role, but may also include other roles or responsibilities taken on during the month of nomination. Examples include any residence life student staff position, including but not limited to: housing student/office assistants, front desk/office assistants/attendants, student maintenance/custodian assistants, marketing assistants, housing ambassadors/tour guides, security assistants, residence hall safety/patrol workers, programming assistant, learning community liaison, diversity mentors and academic support/tutor; however, this should not include paid executive board members of RHA/NRHH, or other hall council positions.