Recognizing Outstanding Volunteers (ROV) Award
The ROV award program was established in 2007 to recognize the outstanding effort and performance of the various students that volunteer for the Department of Housing. NOTE: If a nominee is employed by the Department of Housing and Residence Education in any way, they should be nominated for the ROSE Award, not the ROV Award.
Every Spring semester, one nominee from each category below is chosen to receive this award. Nominations can be submitted by any interested party. The due date for each semesters ROV awards will be listed on our calendar, typically in March.
The ROV Award categories are:
1) Single Student Houing– undergraduates, AG members, IRHA members, etc. Note: NRHH Exec are NOT eligible
2) Graduate and Family Student Housing– Mayor’s Council members, Any volunteer living in GFH, etc.
We ask that you be very specific in your nomination letter or document. The ROV Award selection committee can only consider and discuss what is on paper to be fair to all candidates. This means that even if a committee member works with that staff member, they can not bring in any outside knowledge that is not written in that candidate’s nomination. Please do not assume the committee will know anything about your nominee. Specific examples are VERY helpful, as most nominees are conceptually competitive and many times the committee needs a deciding factor to select the most qualified candidate for the award.
The criteria that each nomination will be judged on are as follows:
– Excellence in Service to the Department of Housing and Residence Education
– Outstanding Service to Residents and Fellow Volunteers
– Exceeds normal volunteering/position expectations
– Contributions to their specific residence area
– Ability to take on new challenges and take initiative with projects
– Overall impact on residents and staff of the UF Housing Community.
We ask that you limit your nominations to no more than 2 type-written pages. Nominations must be submitted to the NRHH Associate Director of Administration.
This is one of the most prestigious awards a student volunteer can receive, so please nominate those who you know are deserving of this very highly regarded award!